This Train the Trainer is a 2 day course for those who want to start training others in the safe manual handling of inanimate objects within the workplace. The candidate will be able to explain the theory behind moving and handling principles, demonstrate safe practice using a range of techniques and have the skills to problem solve and convey safe practice, enabling them to concisely explain and demonstrate the knowledge their trainees will require to succeed in their specific workplace. Upon completion of the course, the employing organisation will benefit from having a manual handling trainer and advisor on site.
Course Content:The following topics will be covered:
- The stats on back pain and the costs to businesses.
- 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act.
- 1992 Manual Handling regulations.
- Legal responsibilities of the employer/employee.
- Causes of back pain.
- Caring for your back.
- Risk assessment tools for Moving and Handling (activity based).
- Management responsibilities.
Train the Trainer Elements:
- Teaching methods and learning styles.
- How individuals learn and keep information.
- Feeding back productively.
- Presenting information.
- ‘Do’s and don’ts’.
The course is delivered in 2/3 days and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Important Information:The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the HSE.
To reach our team, call free on: 0129 360 2391
To reach our team, call free on:
0129 360 2391