This 1 day course teaches delegates an authoritative understanding of where asbestos is likely to be find and how to avoid situations which might expose them to asbestos, which can cause serious health problems. As well as this, delegates will be equipped with a range of instructor skills, helping them pass on their knowledge to their trainees.
Course Content:The following topics will be covered:
- The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2010.
- Application of HSE Regulations.
- Identifying locations, products and materials that might contain asbestos.
- The dangers of asbestos.
- How and why does asbestos affect health?
- How to minimise exposure and practical prevention.
- Practical demonstration of asbestos surveys.
- Best safety practices and control measures.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- What to do in an emergency.
- How is asbestos removed?
Train the Trainer Elements:
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
The course is delivered in 1 day and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Important Information:The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the HSE.
To reach our team, call free on: 0370 218 7646