This train the trainer course is designed for those looking to start training others in the safe moving and handling of people within a care environment. This course ensures the learner has a sound knowledge and understanding of the topic, enabling them to explain the theory and show how to practically apply a range of moving and handling techniques to others.
Course Content:The following topics will be covered:
- Statistics on back pain and the number of days taken off sick across all industries due to this problem
- 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act
- 1992 Manual Handling regulations
- Employer responsibilities within the law
- Common causes of back pain
- How to care for the back
- Risk assessing Moving and Handling activities
- Management responsibilities
Train the Trainer Elements:
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
The course is delivered in 2 days and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Important Information:The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the CQC.
To reach our team, call free on: 01293 602 395