This course will enable delegates to deliver tailored sessions that address the specific challenges faced by employees when supporting individuals who may lack capacity. This course not only covers these topics in depth, but also equips delegates with a range of instructor skills so your organisation will benefit from having a dedicated in-house MCA & DOLS trainer.
Course Content:The following topics will be covered:
- Current legislation
- Policy and procedures
- The assessment procedure
- What is meant by best interests
- What protection is available for decision makers
- Understand the limits of restraint issues
- Understand the roles of various people involved
- List the functions of the Mental Capacity Act
- Describe the groups that will be affected by the legislation
- Explain what is meant by the functional test
- Explain the role of Lasting Power of Attorneys
- Describe the function of the Court of Protection
- Explain the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Train others in Mental Capacity Act and DOLS requirements within their healthcare working environment
Train the Trainer Elements:
- Teaching methods
- Learning styles
- How people retain information
- Ice breakers
- Presentation skills
- Dos and don’ts
The course is delivered in 2 day and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Important Information:The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the CQC.
To reach our team, call free on: 0333 2126 845